Weave a Ghost Story Contest
Here is a contest for the spirit lying dormant inside you!
LEARNERS AND CREATORS!
Lend me your ears!
The participants are expected to weave a ghost story beginning with the following line:
“She woke up to find a figure seated on the only chair in the room, looking weirdly at her.”
The following ten words should figure in the story :
- LAUGHING STOCK
The words “Hey presto!” should appear at least twice in your ghost story.
Word limit: 1000 words.
Email id: email@example.com
Wonderful prizes awaiting the most spirited ones.
Waiting for your spirited response.
Hey, a cry pierces the night, let me go out and investigate and leave you to your devices.
And yes, the last date for submissions is 17 December 2016 .
Read the following guidelines to know more about the contest:
- The total word count should be a maximum of 1000 words.
- You can send more than one entry.
- There is no age limit for participating in the contest.
- The short story must be based on the given theme with the given words in it.
- You can send your own story or experience but it will be included in fiction genre.
- The story should not be published elsewhere, not even in your personal blog or website.
- By submitting your story to us, you thereby give us the right to publish the story in any format – online, ebook or print.
- The due credit will be given to the author.
- Once your story is selected for a prize, you will not be able to submit or publish the story elsewhere for the next three months from the date of publishing.
- We hold the right to reject a story if our editorial team doesn’t find it suitable.
- The last date for submission is Saturday, 17th December 2016, midnight.
- Entries (comprising story, author bio and contact details) are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in doc/docx file with ‘L&C Weave a Ghost Story Contest’ written in the subject line.
- Emails without the mentioned subject line or in other formats (like pdf) will be rejected.
Hope you enjoyed reading...
We are editorially independent, not funded, supported or influenced by investors or agencies. We try to keep our content easily readable in an undisturbed interface, not swamped by advertisements and pop-ups. Our mission is to provide a platform you can call your own creative outlet and everyone from renowned authors and critics to budding bloggers, artists, teen writers and kids love to build their own space here and share with the world.
When readers like you contribute, big or small, it goes directly into funding our initiative. Your support helps us to keep striving towards making our content better. And yes, we need to build on this year after year. Support LnC-Silhouette with a little amount - and it only takes a minute. Thank you
Got a poem, story, musing or painting you would like to share with the world? Send your creative writings and expressions to email@example.com
Learning and Creativity publishes articles, stories, poems, reviews, and other literary works, artworks, photographs and other publishable material contributed by writers, artists and photographers as a friendly gesture. The opinions shared by the writers, artists and photographers are their personal opinion and does not reflect the opinion of Learning and Creativity emagazine. Images used in the posts (not including those from Learning and Creativity's own photo archives) have been procured from the contributors themselves, public forums, social networking sites, publicity releases, Morguefile free photo archives and Creative Commons. Please inform us if any of the images used here are copyrighted, we will pull those images down.