Cathedra Petri at St. Peter's Basilica
Altar of the Chair of St. Peter
19 of 21
This enormous gilded bronze monument was designed by Bernini in 1666. It was created to enclose the wooden throne of St Peter. The four gigantic statues of Doctors of the Church are: St. Ambrose, St. Anthanasius (left); and St. John Chrysostom, St. Augustine (right).