L&C Short Stories Contest (Anthology) Results Declared
L&C’s Short Stories Contest (Anthology) Results Declared. Winning entries to be published as ebook.
The steady trickle of queries on when are the results of the contest going to be declared that we received over the last few weeks made one thing clear – the final list of selected stories in the L&C Short Stories Contest (Anthology) were being eagerly looked forward to, by the contestants.
We must say, the number of entries we received were much more than expected, which not only makes us feel encouraged and delighted at the growing popularity of Learning and Creativity e-journal, it also reaffirms our faith that the eagerness to weave imagination with words is vibrant among young authors. We received entries from people who are already in a writing career, from authors, some of them first timers, who are in professions not connected with writing fiction and yet keen to express their creative spirit, from college goers and even school students!
The stories have been selected after rigorous scanning by esteemed editor Mr A K Nanda, who has edited several books in his 52+ years of editing and writing experience. A Fulbright Fellow, Mr Nanda has, through his long innings as editor, been associated with publications produced by Delhi University, Indian Council of Historical Research, Indian Council of Philosophical Research, Roli Books, Motilal Banarsidass, among others.
List of Selected Short Stories for the L&C Short Stories (Anthology)
|Love – Essence of Life||Sonal Agrawal|
|Mom, This One’s For You||Gitanjali Maria|
|Mirror, Mirror on the Street||Kaartikeya Bajpai|
|When the Bamboo Flowered||Paulami DuttaGupta|
|Growing Up||Shahana Roy|
|The Crooked Shadow||Beena Raghavan|
|Secondhand Life||Shakun R Narang|
|The Summer – I Remembered||Sunil Guri|
Authors please note:
The stories are currently being edited. The editing would require the editor to not only proof read but also fine tune the structure and if needed, modify the title to make it more appropriate to the story.
You will not be allowed to submit or publish the story elsewhere for the next three months from the date of publishing. We will announce the date of publishing of the Anthology very soon.
Watch this space for more updates!
‘L&C Short Story Contest’
Learning & Creativity (L&C), a vibrant interactive e-journal aimed at promoting writing talents – aspiring or amateurs, offered an excellent opportunity to aspiring short story writers who can make an impact with their writing and connect with their readers through their words.
To discover and promote aspiring writers and offer them a global platform, L&C invited short stories to be published in an anthology.
The story can be based on any theme, idea or genre.
Note: Satire or stories that directly or indirectly hurt sentiments or offend any person will not be considered. Also, the stories should not contain porn or adult content.
Read the following guidelines to know more about the contest:
- The total word count should be between 1000—4000 words.
- You can send more than one entry.
- There is no age limit for participating in the contest.
- The short story can be based on any theme or idea.
- You can send your own story or experience but it will be included in fiction genre.
- The story should not be published elsewhere, not even in your personal blog or website.
- By submitting your story to us, you thereby give us the right to publish the story in any format – ebook or print.
- The due credit will be given to the author.
- Once your story is selected for the anthology, you will not be allowed to submit or publish the story elsewhere for the next three months from the date of publishing.
- We hold the right to reject a story if our editorial team doesn’t find it suitable.
- The last date for submission was Saturday, 31st May 2014, midnight.
- Entries (comprising story, author bio and contact details) were to be sent to email@example.com in doc/docx file with ‘L&C Short Story Contest’ written in the subject line.
- Emails without the mentioned subject line or in other formats (like pdf) will be rejected.
Hope you enjoyed reading…
We are editorially independent, not funded, supported or influenced by investors or agencies. We try to keep our content easily readable in an undisturbed interface, not swamped by advertisements and pop-ups. Our mission is to provide a platform you can call your own creative outlet and everyone from renowned authors and critics to budding bloggers, artists, teen writers and kids love to build their own space here and share with the world.
When readers like you contribute, big or small, it goes directly into funding our initiative. Your support helps us to keep striving towards making our content better. And yes, we need to build on this year after year. Support LnC-Silhouette with a little amount – and it only takes a minute. Thank you