If you are in a hurry but want to have a good breakfast before stepping out for the day – fix this easy and healthy salad.
Salad… if made well can be tasty, healthy and simple! Nothing complicated, nothing that takes time to cook, nothing rich, nothing that makes you feel heavy. This salad is a quick fix with healthy ingredients and a simple process… so you get the best of both worlds!
So if you are in a hurry but want to have a good breakfast before stepping out for the day then this is a healthy salad to start with… the HEALTHY GREENS as I have named it.
Ingredients (Serving for two):
1. Cucumber – 1 (diced in 1 cm)
2. Cauliflower – 1 cup (small pieces)
3. Broccoli – 1 cup (small pieces)
4. Lettuce – 1 cup (chopped)
5. Sprouted chick pea, mung and horse gram – 1 cup
6. Onion – ½ medium (finely cut in rings)
7. Black pepper – 6 to 8 (freshly ground)
8. Salt – Add to taste
9. Chat masala – Add to taste (optional)
10. Lemon – 1 (or ½ depending on the size and as par your taste)
11. Olive oil – 1 tbsp
12. Honey – 1 tbsp (optional)
1. Blanch cauliflower and broccoli in salt water for a couple of minutes and keep aside on a strainer for draining excess water.
2. Take a mixing bowl and add all the salad ingredients.
3. Add olive oil and mix up and down.
4. Add salt, chat masala and ground pepper and mix well.
5. Squeeze a lemon and toss the salad mix.
6. Add honey if you like.
7. Your Healthy Greens is ready to serve.
Enjoy this salad with a crispy toasted brown bread and get ready for the day!
Discover the creative cook in you and share your recipes by mailing them to email@example.com
We are editorially independent, not funded, supported or influenced by investors or agencies. We try to keep our content easily readable in an undisturbed interface, not swamped by advertisements and pop-ups. Our mission is to provide a platform you can call your own creative outlet and everyone from renowned authors and critics to budding bloggers, artists, teen writers and kids love to build their own space here and share with the world.
When readers like you contribute, big or small, it goes directly into funding our initiative. Your support helps us to keep striving towards making our content better. And yes, we need to build on this year after year. Support LnC-Silhouette with a little amount - and it only takes a minute. Thank you
Got a poem, story, musing or painting you would like to share with the world? Send your creative writings and expressions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning and Creativity publishes articles, stories, poems, reviews, and other literary works, artworks, photographs and other publishable material contributed by writers, artists and photographers as a friendly gesture. The opinions shared by the writers, artists and photographers are their personal opinion and does not reflect the opinion of Learning and Creativity- emagazine. Images used in the posts (not including those from Learning and Creativity's own photo archives) have been procured from the contributors themselves, public forums, social networking sites, publicity releases, free photo sites such as Pixabay, Pexels, Morguefile, etc and Wikimedia Creative Commons. Please inform us if any of the images used here are copyrighted, we will pull those images down.